Was only bizarre to see the mobile companies operating in India not understanding the consumer likes and concentrating more on technology upgrades and price but I was sure that this trend was in danger and all set for a change. The transform is finally here and I tell you, Its Vodafone that seems to have read the Indian cellphone bazaar better than most. Only a few days back, the entity declared that it would be coming up with a new handset which would primarily be for Facebook addicts. Over 30 million people in India visit Facebook every day via their phones and it only made sense to chalk out such a plan.
Vodafone quickly followed with the launch and came out with Vodafone Blue Facebook phone. Originally known as Vodafone 555 Blue in UK and Europe, in India it is exclusively meant for Vodafone subscribers.
As for its standout feature, there is a special Facebook Button for all Facebook needs and which is apparently inspired by HTC ChaCha.
Here’s explicating on some of the Vodafone Blue features-
• It has a 2.4-inch non-touch QVGA display along with 320 × 240 resolution.
• A processor in 200 MHz MediaTek.
• A qwerty keypad which is quite popular among the Indian masses.
• Contains Bluetooth 2.1 with 2 mega pixel camera along with an LED flash.
• An email client with POP3 and IMAP support is another highlight.
• Music player and an Opera Mini browser is also an attractive feature.
• A microSD card slot and a memory which is expandable to 32 GB.
• Also contains an FM radio and 40MB internal storage.
• Lastly, it also has a microUSB port constituting 3.5mm headphone jack and a battery power of 1000 mAh.
As for prominent Facebook features, it allows users to visit profiles, upload pictures and update status with the help of a single click.
Something that is taken into account more than anything else, especially with Indian consumers is the price tag which is equally striking. It bears a price ticket of 4950/- rupees. The phone is getting a good response already and the trend is expected to continue till the time some other company comes out with a better device at a lower cost.
But for all those looking to have a Wifi and 3G, then Vodafone Blue might not help.
Also, make no mistake by comparing it with HTC ChaCha, the reason being the price at which Vodafone is offering this. The former might have an edge on few other counts but for all those who are madly in love with their Facebook login, this might just be a good deal