The well-known custom ROM TrickDroid has just arrived for the HTC One S. We have not heard any official announcement from HTC about upgrade to Jellybean so we recommend One S users to go for it. The feature which I like the most about TrickDroid ROM are their best RAM utilization and excellent battery life. It actually enhances our cellphone and take it to another level.
Following are some important features of this ROM:
- Redundant features removed to increase battery life.
- Optimised for the new android SDK.
- Pre-installed useful apps such as Flash player, soundhound etc.
Important Note: Although, we have taken the ROM link from a very reliable developer(XDA-Forum), yet go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author would be responsible for any problem in upgradation. However, this happens rarely. Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any).
The upgradation Process has been divided into two parts:
- Final Upgradation.
Please follow all the steps given below in the order they are given and donot skip any step in between.
Follow these steps with a little care. If you have any problem, feel free to ask-
- First of all check the phone version. It should be HTC One S only (Check at Settings> About Phone). Do not upgrade if you have some other version.
- We advice you to take a backup of your existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App from XDA.
- You can also take backup of some important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.
- Make sure that your phone is at-least 85% charges. If it isn’t, we advice you charge your phone first.
- Next, disable all the anti-virus on your Device. Also uninstall all the Kies from your computer.
- Now enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (Option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- Your device is now ready to be upgraded.
- First of all, download the Paranoid ROM & Google Apps for HTC One S from the developer’s page & tweak package on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to PC via USB cable and copy both downloaded files on SD Card of your Phone.
- Now turn off your phone and reboot it in hboot mode. This can be done by pressing and holding Volume Down+Okay + Power Button all together.
- Now from the options available on the screen, Select “wipe data/factory reset” and then further select Yes when prompted.
- Now, you need to select the Installation zip file from sdcard(one you’ve copied from PC). For this select “choose zip from sdcard” and then select the ROM package from SD card.
- Repeat the same step for tweak package.
- When the installation is complete, go back to main menu, and select “reboot system now” and it will
With this you’ve successfully upgraded to Trick Droid ICS on your HTC One S. Enjoy 🙂