Galaxy S III from Samsung is the most preferred Android Smartphone at present and why not, it has many features which makes it a power-house. It is now the hardest selling Android based smart phone on a Global level.
By default, it comes with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich installation. Talking more precisely, it is powered by Android version 4.0.3. Now, as you might be knowing that it has received Android 4.0.4 updates being dubbed as XXALF2. At present, it is officially available only to UK but this upgrading can be done in any part of World in Ease. Here is how to do it:
We’ve divided the upgrade procedure into two parts:
- Pre-Upgrade Steps.
- Final Upgradation.
So here we go:
Pre Upgradation Steps
Follow these steps with a little care. If you have any problem, feel free to ask-
- First of all check the phone version. It must be Samsung Galaxy S III GT I9300 only (Check at Settings> About Phone). Do not upgrade if you have some other version.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S III is at-least 85% charges. If it isn’t, we advice you charge your phone first.
- Now enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (Option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- We would also recommend to take backup of important data of your Cellphone. We recommend you to backup SMS, Contacts etc using some Apps from Android Marketplace (Choose the one which suits you the most).
To keep it simple, follow below mentioned steps in order. Do not skip any step as it can do disasters to you phone. Also go to next step after completing the present step.
- First of all, download the XXALF2 Firmware package(HotFile Link) and the Odin tool (XDA-Developers Link) to your PC/Laptop.
- When the download gets completed, then extract the firmware package and open the Odin tool. You need to extract the same on to your PC.
- Select ‘F Reset’ and Auto Reboot Option in Odin tool.
- Now, turn off your cellphone (to enable the download mode).
- The key combination for enabling download mode is Volume down button+ Center button and the Power button.
Watch this video if you have problem in getting your phone to Download mode:
- Connect your Galaxy s III in download mode, while Odin tool must also remain opened.
- If the connection is successful, ID:COM port will turn Yellow. This is an indication that drivers has been installed correctly.
- Now Press the PDA button and select the tar file from the folder where you get from the extracted firmware zip package.
- After the above step, just click start and firmware will start upgrading.
- When upgradation is complete, the device will automatically reboot and you will see the upgraded Android version in your “Designed for Humans” Smartphone.
We hope that you find this easy to follow. If in case, you have problem, please feel free to ask.