For the owners of Samsung Galaxy S2, the Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich based custom ROM is here. The most amazing feature of this custom ROM is the LG launcher. If you donot know about LG Launcher, first watch this video:
The above video shows LG Launcher on Optimus. If you want the latest version of LG Lauchers, then you can install this Root Box Custom ROM on you Galaxy S2. This ROM is based on Android 4.0.4 IceCream Sandwich and is compartively more stable than other ROMs.
Important Note: It is not created by Samsung and is not an official ROM. Rather its created by some individual Android developer. And this installation of Root Box will work only on rooted devices.
Features of Root Box Custom ROM
- The integration of the awesome LG UI Launcher.
- The Multi Waves Lockscreen.
- Inbuilt Apollo Music Player and Sony Walkman Music Player.
- Integrated TouchWiz UX Launcher (180DPI and 240 DPI).
- AOKP Based ICS 4.0.4 IMM76I (Built from Source – Github)
- ES File Explorer.
If you want all above, then you need to upgrade your Galaxy S2 ROM. Also note that please do the above upgrade at your own risk. Shoutability will not be responsible if your Phone gets Bricked (which generally doesn’t happen).
The upgrade process consists of two parts:
1. Pre-upgradation Steps.
2. Final Upgrade.
Please follow below steps in the order they are mentioned. Donot skip any step in between.
- First, make sure that your device is Samsung Galaxy S2.
- Get a backup of your current ROM using this App from XDA-developers: Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Also backup your important data such as Contacts, Call Logs, SMS etc using one of the Apps from Maketplace.
- Charge your device to more than 75% so that it donot shut down while upgrading.
- Disable all anti-viruses and firewalls on your PC and Cellphone.
- Get you Cellphone into USB-Debugging mode (Go To Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB Debugging ON).
- Make sure that all device drivers of S2 are installed on you PC.
- Download this Root Box Custom ROM (zipped file) on your computer and then copy the same on SD Card of your cellphone.
- Now Switch of your cellphone and restart it in ‘Recovery Mode’. (Press and hold both Volume Keys and then Press Power Button) and wait for recovery mode to appear on the screen.
- When you get on recovery screen, Select “wipe data/factory reset” and “wipe cache partition” clear both of them (using volume keys to go up and down).
- Now go to Advanced>>Clear Dalvik Cache.
- Now, Select the option “Install zip from SD-card” and then further “Choose zip from sdcard” and select the Zip file you copied to your Card from PC.
- As soon as you select it, install will start.
- Wait until it is getting upgraded.
- As soon as upgrade is done, device will restart on New ROM.
So in this way you can get Root Box Custom ROM on your S2.