Until now, the upgrade to Android 4.1 Jellybean was only available for Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Now this is the upgrade to Jellybean for HTC One X. So enjoy the experience of Jelly bean before everyone else by upgrading it.
Important Note: If you go for this upgrade, your phone will lose warranty.
I saw some of the reports about this upgrade at XDA-Developers and they claimed to have WLAN not working, Radio troubleshoots. Some of them even reported issues with audio and video playing. So please try this upgrade at present at your own risk.
First of all, watch out this Video from XDA-developers about this rom:
We have divided the entire upgradation process into two parts.
- Pre-Upgradation Steps.
- Final Upgradation.
We would also advice all the readers to not skip any steps given below otherwise you might end up causing problems in your cellphone.
Pre Upgradation Steps
- First of all, make sure that battery of your HTC One X is charged to 70% or more because upgradation rquires battery power and if not charged to an optimum level, it may shut down in between the process.
You can check the battery level of your device at following location:Settings>About phone>Status>Battery level.
- We again remind you that this is not an official upgrade. Perform at your own risk.
- We would also advice you to take backup of the important data of your Cellphone like phone contacts, email etc.
- Now put you HTC One X in USB debugging mode. This option is available at: Settings>Applications>Developments>USB debugging.
- Now disable all anti viruses and firewall on your cellphone and PC.
- First of all, download Jellybean Android package from this link for HTC One X.
- Now connect your device to your PC and copy the downloaded file (Zip folder) on the memory card of your device.
- Power Off/ Shut Down your phone and restart it in recovery mode. (Press Volume UP+DOWN with power Button together).
- When your phone gets into recovery mode, select the downloaded file from SD card using Power button (for selecting) and volume keys (for moving up and down).
- Now when you will select the package, it will start upgarding your HTC One X.
- The entire process will take a time of around 10 minutes for upgradation and after that your device will restart automatically.
Hope everything goes well. now your homescreen would look like:
In case of any difficulty, feel free to comment below.