Following are the steps on how to install java sdk on CentOS:
- Remove any java package (free and open source implementation) previously (eventually) installed from the CentOS Linux as follows:
yum erase jre
- Remove tomcat5 and all it’s related packages.
- Find the related *).bin file (jdk-6u20-linux-i586-rpm.bin) from the main page of the Sun’s official download page.
- After you have downloaded your bin file. Run it on linux shell as follows:
The install would happen as follows:
chmod +x jdk-6u20-linux-i586-rpm.bin
- After that a yum install tomcat5 would put up Tomcat with no dependency problem at all.