Google has already unveiled the Google Nexus 7 tablet at I/O 2012 developer conference. Now we are here discussing a procedure to root this device.
This device is the World’s First Tablet to be powered by android Jellybean 4.1. The unlocking procedure of this device is way too easy but we would liek to tell you that you like other devices, it will lost the warranty of your device if you root it.
Important Note: Please update at your own risk. We cannot be held responsible for any damage caused to your device while following this tutorial. However, this situation is very unlikely to occur.
Now to begin with, first of all make sure that your device is charged to around 75% as this firmware update works on Battery.
- First, you need to download and install the official Android Software Develoment Kit from the given link to your Computer. make sure that you follow all instructions carefully while installing.
- After you’ve installed Android SDK, you need to download the Superuser and Clock Work mod Package in your computer.
- Now copy the downloaded Clock Work Mod package and Superuser package inside Android installation (Eg. C:/Android/Platform-Tools).
- After that, open Command Prompt or CMD in your Computer.
- Connect the Nexus 7 Device to your Computer and enter following command in CMD.
adb push path-to-zip/JB-SuperSU.zip /sdcard
- Now, Keep on executing the below commands one after another in CMD. (Make sure that you go to next command only when the present command has been processed completely).
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot oem unlock
Afterwards, just select “Unlock” to unlock your Google Nexus 7.
- Now, your device is unlocked and you need to flash it. The same can be done from command prompt using following command:
fastboot flash recovery path-to-img/CWM-grouper-recovery.img
- Next is to make the recovery a permanent one. For doing so, boot the device in recovery mode and then Goto “Mounts & Storage” > Mount /System. Then type the below command:
mv recovery-from-boot.p recovery-from-boot.bak
- A few user on XDA-forum reported problem in gaining shell. If you face the same, you can try “adb kill-server” then “abd start-server” and it will fix it.
- Now press the Back Key and then install SuperUser App from Google Play.
With this, your Nexus 7 Tab has been successfully rooted. If in a too rare case, your device gets hanged up n Nexus Logo, then it means that you’ve missed one of the above steps and therefore you need to follow above process again from the beginning.