Google has always been known to work hard on their products and services. And, this time they’ve kept up with their promise of official JellyBean update for Galaxy Nexus. It was earlier that they announced about releasing this update in the mid of July and now it is available to download and use. However, this update is only for takju Galaxy nexus Users where as yakju Galaxy nexus users have to wait for an official update.
Important Note: If you are a takju Galaxy Nexus user, then you would’ve already recieved the notification for update. However, if you haven’t, then you can update it manually with the help of instructions given below. Also it is manadatory for your device to have ClockworkMod Recovery installed as it would be required for flashing.
Also note that this upgrade package is taken from reliable source. However if in a rare case, your device gets bricked then we won’t be responsible for it.
So the upgrade process is divided into two subparts:
1. Pre-Upgradation Steps.
2. Final Upgradation.
- The following update only works for the original Galaxy Nexus.
- Before you start with upgradation, make sure that you take a backup of your existing ROM with Nandroid Backup and Restore App.
- Alternatively, we would also advice you to take a backup of SMS, Contacts, and Call Logs(You can also take backup of important Apps using Astro File Manger).
- It is must to charge your device to more than 90% as this update works on battery power.
- Also it is adviced that you disable all security related softwares such as antivirus, firewalls. Also uninstall Kies from your PC.
- Now, get you device into USB Debugging Mode.(The option is available at Settings >> Applications >> Development>> USB Debugging).
- Also make sure that the device drivers must be installed on your computer.
- First of all, you need to download the Official Android 4.1.1 ROM from the XDA thread.
- Now connect your device to PC (via USB) and copy the downloaded ROM to SD card.
- Once the transfer is done, disconnect the device from PC and then turn it off.
- Now you are required to restart your Galaxy Nexus in recovery mode. (For doing it, press and hold Volume UP + Volume Down + Power Button until recovery mode screen appears).
- Now, wipe your device completely. For doing so, first select “wipe data/factory reset” and then tap confirm on the next screen that appears. Also do “wipe cache operation“.
- Afterwards, go back to main revocery menu and then select“install zip from sdcard”and choose the folder that you copied.
- This will start upgradaing your Galaxy Nexus.(Wait while it is done).
- Once installation gets completed, just select the option to reboot.
In this way, you can install Android 4.1.1 on your Galaxy Nexus.