We earlier published Android 4.0.4 ICS XXALF2 Firmware Upgrade for Samsung Galaxy S3 and now we are back with news about yet another firmware upgrade for it. This upgrade is named as Cyanogen Mod 7.2 and it adds to the functionality of the device which is “designed for humans“
At the moment, there is no bug been reported for this firmware at XDA forum. So we recommend to go for it. It will add functionality such as transition animations and many other interesting features which is yet not available for other android powered devices.
Important Note: If you are planning to upgrade, please follow all the below mentioned steps with extra-care otherwsie your phone can get bricked. However that happens only with 1 out of 1000 phones and is curable too. Also once you upgrade, you will loose the warranty of your phone.
So here is the upgradation process. It has two halves.
1. Pre Upgradation Part.
2. Final Upgradation.
- First of all, make sure that your device is Samsung Galaxy S3 as this update won’t work on other phones.
- We advice you to take a backup of your existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App from XDA.
- You can also take backup of some important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.
- This update works on battery power. So please make sure that your device is charged to more than 80% so that it doesn’t turn off while upgradation.
- Next, disable all the anti-virus on your Device. Also uninstall all the Kies from your computer.
- Now, get you phone into USB debugging mode.( Option available at Settings >> Applications >> Development >> USB Debugging).
- Your device is now ready to be upgraded.
- First of all, download these two packages on your PC.Cyanogen mod 7.2 Firmware Package &
Google Apps Package for S3
- Now, connect your device to PC and transfer both of them to the SD card of your smartphone.
- Now turn off your phone and reboot it in Recovery Mode (Press and hold Volume Up+ Down then press power button) .
- Now select “install zip from sdcard” option (scroll using volume key & select with main button) .
- Then choose the option which says “choose zip from sdcard” and select the file which you copied to SD card.
- This will start upgradation process. Wait while it upgrade.
- After upgradation is complete. Select the option to “Reboot Phone” (first press back and go to previous screen).
- After rebooting, your device will run on the new firmware.
With this, you have learnt to upgrade your Samsung galaxy s3.