Update LG optimus L7 P700 to Custom ROM Firmware
Lg optimus L7 P700 is an android powered smartphone from the Korean company LG. It was launched wayback in februray 2012 and this smartphone can be considered as start up level smartphone powered by Android 4.0 ICS. It comes with a very cool interface from the same manufacturer known as LG’s 4.0 User Interface.
The custom ROM which we are talking about is developed by a known developer at XDA named BGDonLINE and I would prefer to got with it because it way too fast than original ROM in terms of booting and also has many advanced features.
Important Note: This ROM is not an official one from LG and is just a beta release there were a few bugs (too minute to mention) reported by developer. so we advice you to upgrade at your own risk as Shoutability cannot be held responsible if you device get bricked while updating (Only 1 out of 10,000 devices get Bricked in updating).
So like we do it every time, the update process is divided into two halves.
1. Pre- Upgradation Steps.
2. Final Upgradation.
Before you continue with upgrading, we would advice you to follow each step with extra-care and also donot skip any step in between.
Pre Upgradation Steps
- First of all make sure that your device is LG Optimus L7 P700.
- Now make sure that the battery of your device is charged to nearly 80% or more as the up-gradation requires intensive power from the battery.( You can check Battery level status at : Settings>About phone>Status>Battery level).
- Now take a backup of your important data such as Call Logs, SMS, Contact etc. as all of them will be lost after upgrade. You can use a good App from Google Play for doing so.
- Now get you LG L7 P700 into USB debugging mode (Option available at: Settings>>Application>>Development>>USB Debugging).
- Now your Device all set to be upgraded.
- First of all, download this Custom ROM packages from here-LG L7 root
- Now follow this Upgradation Guide from the official developer at XDA.
- The up-gradation will take around 15 minutes and then your smartphone will restart.
With this, you get an Upgraded ROm on your LG Optimus L7.