If you own a HTC One V then you are at the right place because we are here giving a step by step tutorial to upgrade your HTC One V to Android ICS 4.0. This is not an official upgrade but is a custom ROM from a known developer at XDA forum and android being an open-source OS, is available to be modified and used in the way user and developer want.
As it is a custom ROM, there are some minor bugs but there will be too many extra features given that you will find your phone more capable than ever. Also the warranty of your device will void due to custom upgrade but the same can be generated back by recovering to original ROM at any time.
Have a look at some of the screenshots:
Important Note: Although, we have taken the ROM link from a very reliable developer(XDA-Forum), yet go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author would be responsible for any problem in upgradation. However, this happens rarely. Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any).
The upgradation Process has been divided into two parts:
- Final Upgradation.
Please follow all the steps given below in the order they are given and donot skip any step in between.
Follow these steps with a little care. If you have any problem, feel free to ask-
- First of all check the phone version. It should be HTC One V only (Check at Settings> About Phone). Do not upgrade if you have some other version.
- We advice you to take a backup of your existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App from XDA.
- You can also take backup of some important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.
- Make sure that your ONE V is at-least 85% charges. If it isn’t, we advice you charge your phone first.
- Next, disable all the anti-virus on your Device. Also uninstall all the Kies from your computer.
- Now enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (Option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- Your device is now ready to be upgraded.
- First of all, download the MyOne V ROM for HTC One V from the download page on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to PC via USB cable and copy both downloaded files on SD Card of your Phone.
- Now turn off your HTC One Vand reboot it in ClockworkMod Recovery. This can be done by pressing and holding Volume Up + Ok Button all together.
- Now from the options available on the screen, Select “wipe data/factory reset” and then further select Yes when prompted.
- Now, you need to select the Installation zip file from sdcard(one you’ve copied from PC). For this select “choose zip from sdcard” and then select the ROM package from SD card.
- When the installation is complete, go back to main menu, and select “reboot system now” and it will
With this you’ve successfully upgraded to My One V ROM on your HTC ONE V. Enjoy 🙂