As we’ve started with reviewing Cars on our website, I was looking to drive and review some good ones and the same zeal in me led me to the Honda’s showroom in my City. I got a hand on the new Honda BRIO SMT. And, here comes the review:
It was launched back in September 2011. Talking more about Brio, It is powered by 1.21.2-litre, i-VTEC technology based petrol engine . The engine comprises of 4 cylinder and 16 valves along with a super-powered Single overhead camshaft (SOHC) It produces a maximum power of around 88 PS at 6000 rpm and the maximum torque which can be attained is 109 Nm at 4600 rpm.The power and torque range of makes it comparable to cars like Toyota Etios Liva and Hyundai i-20.
The expected mileage as told to me be by the officials was 12.5Kmpl in city and around 18kmpl on highways. The fuel tank capacity is 35 litres.
Here are the colors in which it is available:
- Energetic Blue.
- Rallye Red.
- Urban Titanium.
- Alabaster Silver.
- Taffeta White, and
- Crystal Black Pearl
Here are the details of variants available and their price in Delhi-NCR region (as on 24June 2012) were:.
- Honda Brio E MT (1198cc Petrol, manual) Rs. 4,47,412
- Honda Brio S MT (1198cc Petrol, manual) Rs. 4,87,412
- Honda Brio S(o) MT (1198cc Petrol, manual) Rs. 5,40,412
- Honda Brio V MT (1198cc Petrol, manual) Rs. 5,67,412
What I personally like about this Car is:
- Powerful Engine with good pickup for City drive.
- Best in class power.
- Silk Smooth power-Steering.
- Steering mounted Audio controls (Like SUVs).
- Healthy power to weight ratio.
- High quality interiors (plastic and rubber based).
- Integrated Music System with good Quality Speakers).
But I disliked two things about the Car:
- It lacks driver seat height adjustment.
- Very small 175 litre boot space.
All in all, I found that Brio had some advantage over other hatchbacks including Beat and Swift. It is also available in automatic and diesel variants.