CyanogenMod 10 ROM Jelly Bean 4.1 Upgrade for Samsung Galaxy S3
After waiting for a while, the Android Jelly Bean based CyanogenMod 10 ROM is now available for Samsung Galaxy S3. If you are having an international variant of Galaxy S3, then you can upgrade to this ROM. CyanogenMod 10 has been preferred over others ROM because they provide jellybean users with a better interface and performance. It provides better keyboard support along with advanced voice navigation. However, it is yet an early upgrade of CyanogenMod 10 for Samsung Galaxy S3 so there have been many bugs reported at the developers page.
Following are the features which were found not working properly:
- FM Radio was nonfunctional.
- Camera is working but it was too unstable to be used.
- Some user even reported that Wi-Fi tethering is not working.
- No Camera icon available in App drawer.
Important Note: Although, we have taken the ROM link from a very reliable developer(XDA-Forum), yet go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author would be responsible for any problem in upgradation. However, this happens rarely. Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any).
The upgradation Process has been divided into two parts:
- Final Upgradation.
Please follow all the steps given below in the order they are given and donot skip any step in between.
Follow these steps with a little care. If you have any problem, feel free to ask-
- First of all check the phone version. It must be Samsung Galaxy S III only (Check at Settings> About Phone). Do not upgrade if you have some other version.
- Also note that this upgrade will work if your device is currently running on CyanogenMod9.
- We advice you to take a backup of your existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App from XDA.
- You can also take backup of some important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.
- Make sure that your Galaxy S III is at-least 85% charges. If it isn’t, we advice you charge your phone first.
- Next, disable all the anti-virus on your Device. Also uninstall all the Kies from your computer.
- Now enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (Option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- Your device is now ready to be upgraded.
- First of all, download the CyanogenMod 10 ROM for Galaxy S3 from the official development page on you PC.
- Next, download the official Google Apps Package.
- Now connect your phone to PC via USB cable and copy both downloaded files on internal SD Card of your Phone.
- Now turn off your Galaxy S3 and reboot it in ClockworkMod Recovery. This can be done by pressing and holding Volume DOWN + HOME + Power Button together.
- Now from the options available on the screen, Select “wipe data/factory reset” and then further select Yes when prompted.
- Now, you need to select the Installation zip file from sdcard(one you’ve copied from PC). For this select “choose zip from sdcard” and then select the ROM package from SD card.
- When it is completed, do the same and install the second package i.e. Google Apps .
- When the installation is complete, go back to main menu, and select “reboot system now” and it will
With this you’ve successfully upgraded to Cyanogen Mod 10 on your Galaxy S3.