LG Optimus GT540 is an old device and the manufacturer has already announced about its discontinuation and they are not offering android upgrades to newer version so this custom ROM named JellyBeanSwift by the senior XDA based developer miroslav_mm can be very helpful as it allows you to try and taste the jellybean experience. But it is yet in its development stage so soem of the features including Camera, Camcorder and FM Radio are not working fine.
Important Note: Although, we have taken the ROM link from a very reliable developer(XDA-Forum), yet go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author would be responsible for any problem in upgradation. However, this happens rarely. Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any).
The upgradation Process has been divided into two parts:
- Final Upgradation.
Please follow all the steps given below in the order they are given and donot skip any step in between.
Follow these steps with a little care. If you have any problem, feel free to ask-
- First of all check the phone version. It should be LG Optimus GT540 only (Check at Settings> About Phone). Do not upgrade if you have some other version.
- We advice you to take a backup of your existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App from XDA.
- You can also take backup of some important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.
- Make sure that your LG Optimus GT540 is at-least 85% charges. If it isn’t, we advice you charge your phone first.
- Next, disable all the anti-virus on your Device. Also uninstall all the Kies from your computer.
- Now enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (Option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- Your device is now ready to be upgraded.
- First of all, download the CyanogenMod 10 ROM for LG Optimus GT540 from the developers page on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to PC via USB cable and copy both downloaded files on SD Card of your Phone.
- Now turn off your phone and reboot it in ClockworkMod Recovery. This can be done by pressing and holding Volume Down HOME + Power Button all together.
- Now from the options available on the screen, Select “wipe data/factory reset” and then further select Yes when prompted.
- Now, you need to select the Installation zip file from sdcard(one you’ve copied from PC). For this select “choose zip from sdcard” and then select the ROM package from SD card.
- When it is completed, do the same and install the second package i.e. Google Apps .
- When the installation is complete, go back to main menu, and select “reboot system now” and it will
With this you’ve successfully upgraded to Cyanogen Mod 10 on your LG Optimus GT540. Enjoy 🙂