After ICS Upgrade for Motorola Defy owners, we are back with yet another update and this time it is CyanogenMod 10 based JellyBean 4.1.1 ROM. It is a good news for the Defy owners as Motorola has no plan for coming up with upgrades for this device (not even ICS update). At the moment, this ROM is in its pre-development stage so some of he features are not working but the developer has promised to come up with fixed updates soon.
- GSM Calling.
- Mobile Packet Data
- USB connectivity
- USB Mass storage
- Camera(only Photo tested)
- GPS/AGPS (both working fine)
- Audio (thanks to maniac103)
- Panorama working.
Important Note: Although, we have taken the ROM link from a very reliable developer(XDA-Forum), yet go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author would be responsible for any problem in upgradation. However, this happens rarely. Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any).
The upgradation Process has been divided into two parts:
- Final Upgradation.
Please follow all the steps given below in the order they are given and donot skip any step in between.
Follow these steps with a little care. If you have any problem, feel free to ask-
- First of all check the phone version. It should be Motorola Defy only (Check at Settings> About Phone). Do not upgrade if you have Motorola Defy Plus or some other version.
- We advice you to take a backup of your existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App from XDA.
- You can also take backup of some important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.
- Make sure that your Motorola Defy is at-least 85% charges. If it isn’t, we advice you charge your phone first.
- Next, disable all the anti-virus on your Device. Also uninstall all the Kies from your computer.
- Now enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (Option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- Your device is now ready to be upgraded.
- First of all, download the CyanogenMod 10 ROM for Motorola Defy from the download page on your PC.
- Download the Google Apps package for Defy here.
- Now connect your phone to PC via USB cable and copy both downloaded files on SD Card of your Phone.
- Now turn off your phone and reboot it in ClockworkMod Recovery. This can be done by pressing and holding Volume Down HOME + Power Button all together.
- Now from the options available on the screen, Select “wipe data/factory reset” and then further select Yes when prompted.
- Now, you need to select the Installation zip file from sdcard(one you’ve copied from PC). For this select “choose zip from sdcard” and then select the ROM package from SD card.
- When it is completed, do the same and install the second package i.e. Google Apps .
- When the installation is complete, go back to main menu, and select “reboot system now” and it will
With this you’ve successfully upgraded to Cyanogen Mod 10 on your Motorola Defy. Enjoy