So here is the all new CyanogenMod 10 Android JellyBean 4.1 upgrade for HTC Evo 3D . Here is the tutorial which will allow you to install the CyanogenMod 10 ROM on Evo 3D. This upgrade is yet in its pre-development stage so some of the features are not working after the upgrade. So here is the complete list of working and non-working features as reported by XDA senior member ognimnella.
- 3G Data
- Bluetooth Starts (connection not tested)
- Google Now FC’s
- Status bar text blurs as new notification comes in.
- MMS pics preview in notification pull-down is pretty sweet.
- Proximity sensor
- SuperUser fixed
Not Working Properly
- Wi-Fi( Not working at all).
- Sound (including phone)
- Browser “works” but not displaying website properly.
- Face unlock isn’t working.
- Gallery only showing google plus instant uploads and posts albums.
Important Note: Although, we have taken the ROM link from a very reliable developer(XDA-Forum), yet go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author would be responsible for any problem in upgradation. However, this happens rarely. Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any).
The upgradation Process has been divided into two parts:
- Final Upgradation.
Please follow all the steps given below in the order they are given and donot skip any step in between.
Follow these steps with a little care. If you have any problem, feel free to ask-
- First of all check the phone version. It should be HTC Evo-3D only (Check at Settings> About Phone). Do not upgrade if you have some other version.
- We advice you to take a backup of your existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App from XDA.
- You can also take backup of some important data such as SMS, Contacts etc.
- Make sure that your Evo-3D is at-least 85% charges. If it isn’t, we advice you charge your phone first.
- Next, disable all the anti-virus on your Device. Also uninstall all the Kies from your computer.
- Now enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (Option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- Your device is now ready to be upgraded.
- First of all, download the CyanogenMod 10 ROM for HTC Evo 3D from the development page on your PC.
- Next, download the official Google Apps Package.
- Now connect your phone to PC via USB cable and copy both downloaded files on SD Card of your Phone.
- Now turn off your Evo-3D and reboot it in ClockworkMod Recovery. This can be done by pressing and holding Volume Down HOME + Power Button all together.
- Now from the options available on the screen, Select “wipe data/factory reset” and then further select Yes when prompted.
- Now, you need to select the Installation zip file from sdcard(one you’ve copied from PC). For this select “choose zip from sdcard” and then select the ROM package from SD card.
- When it is completed, do the same and install the second package i.e. Google Apps .
- When the installation is complete, go back to main menu, and select “reboot system now” and it will
With this you’ve successfully upgraded to Cyanogen Mod 10 on your HTC EVO 3D. Enjoy