The well known XDA Developer randomblame has just made life of all the Acer Iconia A500 a bit easier, as he has released the cyanogenMod 10 ROM upgrade for the device which will allow you to taste Android JellyBean on it. Though it is in its early development stages, you its worth trying as JellyBean experience is awesome. The users have reported that the audio and internal SD Card mounting are not working with this ROM.
Important Note: Although, we have taken the ROM link from a very reliable developer(XDA-Forum), yet go for this upgrade at your own risk as neither this site nor the author would be responsible for any problem in upgradation. However, this happens rarely. Also you would lose warranty of the hardware(if any).
The upgradation Process has been divided into two parts:
- Final Upgradation.
Please follow all the steps given below in the order they are given and donot skip any step in between.
Follow these steps with a little care. If you have any problem, feel free to ask-
- First of all check the tablet version. It should be Acer Iconia A500 only. Do not upgrade if you have some other version.
- We advice you to take a backup of your existing ROM by using Nandroid Backup and Restore App from XDA.
- You can also take backup of some important data such as SMS, Contacts, existing Apps etc.
- Make sure that your Iconia A500 tab is at-least 85% charges. If it isn’t, we advice you charge your tablet first.
- Next, disable all the anti-virus on your Device. Also uninstall all the Kies from your computer.
- Now enable USB Debugging on your cellphone (Option available at Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging ).
- Your ttablet is now ready to be upgraded.
- First of all, Make sure that you have ClockworkMod Recovery installed on your tablet.
- Also make sure that you backup the entire data from internal SD Card as the bug in this ROM won’t allow you to access those files after upgrade.
- Now download the CyanogenMod 10 ROM for Iconia A500 from the official development page on you PC.
- Now connect your tablet to PC via USB cable and copy both downloaded files on external SD Card of your Phone.
- Now turn off your Iconia A500 and reboot it in ClockworkMod Recovery. This can be done by pressing and holding Volume Up + Power Button all together.
- Now from the options available on the screen, Select “wipe data/factory reset” and then further select Yes when prompted.
- Now, you need to select the Installation zip file from sdcard(one you’ve copied from PC). For this select “choose zip from sdcard” and then select the ROM package from SD card.
- When the installation is complete, go back to main menu, and select “reboot system now” and it will
With this you’ve successfully upgraded to Cyanogen Mod 10 on your Acer Iconia A500 Tab. Enjoy 🙂